Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bleh.

Well, folks, it's Sunday afternoon and I'm bummed. Not significantly or even unusually bummed, but bummed nonetheless.

Mostly this has to do with being sick of school and the RA gig and the whole thing. I just want to get into the classroom and start teaching. Yes, yes, I'm learning some really important stuff – especially in my Teaching of English Methods classes – but overall I'm sick of sitting next to 19 year olds and having to explain concepts of social justice and having to write papers and having RA drama and RA meetings and living in a shoebox and having to walk down the hall to use the bathroom and not being able to cook for myself and, of course, worrying about money. Mostly, this has to do with all of those things.

But it also has to do with K, who left a few hours ago after visiting for the weekend. It's not that I can't be happy without her, life's just a hell of a lot more fun and interesting when she's around. So I'm sitting here putting off homework that can technically wait until tomorrow anyway, with a football game on in the background, dreading and yet also looking forward to water polo practice tonight.

More on that in a minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home