Saturday, July 23, 2005

Things Are Just Not Going My Way

One has to lower one's standards when dealing with debate camp. You can't expect them, for example, to be asleep at four in the morning. Nor can you expect them to take noise complaints seriously. Nor can you expect them to use their swipecards to enter the building, which means they have to buzz in - a very loud and very obnoxious buzzer goes off when that happens, and I have to get up to hit the unlock button. On busy days it feels Pavlovian.

And today is not just a busy day, but a long one. Debate is leaving today, thank Christ, but I'm working the desk from 6am to 6pm today and 10am to 10pm tomorrow due to a comepletely fucked up schedule. Long story short, I'm working two 12 hour shifts this weekend, and I'm not happy about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home