Tuesday, July 19, 2005

From the "One of the Dumbest Fucking Things You Can Do as a Teacher" Department

I haven't even stepped foot in a classroom, but I know not to do this. Granted, this is higher education and the student's name wasn't posted, but still . . . c'mon, man, use your head.

But while I'm on the topic. . .

This brings up a subject that I've been meaning to broach for a while now, Dearest Readership.

[Insert dramatic sigh here]

This blog will soon be no more. Oh, it might still be accessible on the Internet, sure, but I won't be posting to it much longer. The main reason is that once I head into the public school classroom in any capacity (I won't do student teaching until spring but will be observing before then), I will no longer be comfortable writing about my life in such a public forum. High school kids are crafty little devils, and it might make for an uncomfortable situation if at some point I'm trying to teach about, say, transcendentalism and one of my students asks, "So, Mr. P., what's this I hear about your curse?"

Will I start another, completely anonymous blog? Eah. Maybe. Will I tell you how to find that blog? Probably. But not here (I'll ensure you have a way to contact me when the time comes), and there will be many rules about linking to my new blog and/or referring to me by name anywhere on the Internet.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

sad face.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Leta said...

I understand and did, in fact, wonder how you were going to manage to maintain a blog while teaching because it's not just the students, it's also their parents. If you go private, obviously, I'd like to where....

Oh, and a teacher in my high school got fired for **dating** a student Mucho tres grande stupid.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Rosellen said...

I hope that you'll figure out a way to recycle episodes from this; perhaps a coming of age novel?

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home