Monday, April 25, 2005

Uh. Wow.

That Goddamn Linguistics Paper? The one I've spent over 20 hours working on? Yeah, I have a draft. All twelve pages, mostly cogent, spotty in parts.

I quit last night at ten pages of iffy source material thrown together and pretentious academic writing. I woke up this morning at 6:30, and made a deal with myself that I would write at least a paragraph of solid work each and every time I sat down at the computer today. My first round, before the gym, yielded a full page. A second round between breakfast and my afternoon classes produced some key transition sentences. A third round this afternoon after class put me just past the minimum page requirement.

So, the text is mostly there. I still have a ton of editing and APA formatting to slog through, but the ideas are on the page. Technically speaking, the paper is where I wanted it to be by yesterday afternoon. All told I probably have another three hours of editing and tweaking - which is way better than where I thought I'd be by now.

3 Comments:

Anonymous mary ann said...

Woo!!!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Mags said...

Don't forget to back it up on a disk. I'm just saying.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Way to go, Paul.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home