Saturday, April 16, 2005

It's Got a Good Beat and It's Easy To Dance To

With nod to my stepbrother's brilliant idea, I submit a far from comprehensive list of songs to which I like to boogie.

1. Franklin's Tower - The Grateful Dead. But only the album version. There's something about that cool, subtle, shuffle rhythm on the album version that all live recordings seem to lack. I defy any of the Deadheads in the Dearest Readership to prove me wrong.

2. Beast of Burden - The Rolling Stones. Not sure this one would have made the list without Chad's reminding me that this song just kicks ass.

3. The Way You Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra. I liked this song way, way, WAY before the whole lounge resurgence '90s. Face it. I'm cooler than you.

4. Tighten Up - Archie Bell and the Drells. Actually, this song (along with #5) makes me want to strut more than dance.

5. Chameleon - Herbie Hancock. The first "song" on the Headhunters album.

And you, Dearest Readership, get to fill out the next five.

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

"it's a trip... it's got a funky beat... and i can bug out to it!"

how 'bout "fire on the mountain." the dead go disco.

or "fool's gold." stone roses. 9 minutes and 54 seconds of funked out, guitar noodling bliss.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home