Wednesday, April 13, 2005

It Has Started

We have two and a half weeks left of class and then Finals Week, and that's it. As is tradition around here, I list for you all the exams/projects/papers that are due.

That Goddam Linguistics Paper - Linguistics. Thesis: Gaelic and Its Role in Scottish Nationalism. Due April 29. 12-15 pages. None written.

Conference Paper - Senior Seminar. Thesis: Lacan's Mirror Stage and the Other in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Due April 27. 5 pages delivered verbally. Draft written. Needs significant revision. Classmates seem to think I've written a narrative of the film instead of a critical analysis. They're right, of course. The fuckers.

Final Research Paper - Senior Seminar. Thesis: Lacan's Mirror Stage and the Other in Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. Due May 4. 12-15 pages. Will be a revised and expanded version of the current draft.

Novel Set Paper - Young Adult Literature. Thesis: Sex, Sexuality, Gender, and Transgender Issues in Three Texts. Due next Tuesday. Draft written. Need to add a more detailed explanation of my classroom approach to teaching this stuff.

Exam - Linguistics. Next Monday. Will cover phonetic and articulatory linguistics. I've been getting low A's on the recent quizzes but got my ass handed to me on today's homework.

Exam - Quantitative Reasoning. Next Wednesday. Will cover statistics and shit.

Final Exam - Linguistics. May 2. Will be cumulative. Will be an ass-kicking.

Final Project - Quantitative Reasoning. May 3. Not at all sure what this is supposed to be. Will review guideline and rubric tomorrow at coffee shop.

Final Project - Young Adult Literature. May 3. Must respond creatively to any novel I've read this year. This includes writing a song or poem. Will write a song. Will try not to be profane.

-----------

I think that's it. And just tonight I realized I've shifted gears; now I'm living in that psychological place where every spare moment is dedicated to studying, reading, writing, or thinking about any one of the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home