Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Might Need Glasses

Several months ago I mentioned to my mom and dad, individually, that I sometimes get headaches when I read. Independently, they each said "Get your eyes checked." Well, I finally got around to scheduling an appointment this morning, so by this time next week I'll know for sure.

Between you and me, Dearest Readership, I'm kind of hoping I do need glasses, because I think glasses are sexy (on women. In my case, they will simply aid in the ongoing struggle of Not Looking Like a Fucking Twelve Year Old). If I do need them, I will almost certainly get a pair of Buddy Holly / military issue type. No wire frames for me! But I'm getting ahead of myself.

We'll find out next Thursday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mags said...

Based on what little information I have on your face, that's the exact kind of glasses I'd recommend for you. Mine are actually like that, too.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Buddy Holly / military style of glasses won't make you look like a fuckin' 12 year old - they'll make you look like a video-game playing fuckin' 16 year old.

I suggest sophisticated Euro-look grown-up glasses. I think they'd look great on you and provide that international image many teachers/professors work toward.

But that's just my opinion!

Give it a go... Dennis

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Sara said...

I once dated a guy with the kind of glasses you described and I really liked them on him, but he had big hair (an afro) to balance it out. When he shaved his head he had to get smaller frames. I don't think you will know what compliments your face until you try them on.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home