Wednesday, March 02, 2005

What A Little Caffeine Can't Fix, A Lot of Caffeine Can.

We took our midterm exam in Senior Seminar tonight, and although I'm not the quickest bunny in the meadow I think it went okay. Then again, I was a few milligrams of caffeine away from speaking in tongues, so perhaps my judgment was impaired.

I've had a recurring headache for about four weeks now. I ain't no doctor, but I get the feeling it's from a combination of the crud, stress, and cutting back on my coffee intake. My mom thinks I might need glasses, and I really should look into that (HA! "look into that" - get it?), and I secretly hope I do need glasses because glasses are just goddam sexy. And at this point, I could really use all the help I can get in that department.

So anyway, this afternoon I realized that if I didn't do something about my headache, I was in danger of well and truly screwing myself on tonight's Senior Sem midterm. I downed a few ibuprofen, and, for the very first time in my life, bought a Rockstar energy drink and shoved it into my bag. I got to class well ahead of time, and a classmate passed around chocolate covered espresso beans. And right before the exam our professor handed out candy. And then I drank the 20 ounces of caffeine and sugar.

The synapses connecting Althusser's ideologies and Foucault's power structures embedded in those ideologies fired like a gatling gun. My brilliant application of those theories to The Nightmare Before Christmas was hindered only by my hand, which didn't seem capable of keeping up with my brain. I'm not entirely sure my sentences were cogent, much less coherent, but I sure did write a lot of them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rafe said...

Whoa, guess you were high as a kite. The only thing that sucks about too much caffeine is the after effects. At least for me, I've all this energy in the word for one min, then the next thing you know, you feel as though you can barely drag your foot for the next step.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home