Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It's Over, Okay? It's Just... It's Over.

It's been a long and occasionally fulfilling relationship, Hotmail, but I really think it's time we break if off. I know, I know, we've had some good times over the past 10 years, but at this point I need to move on.

What's that? You think I'm too attached? You think I'll come back? Ha, I say. Ha! That attitude only proves my point - our relationship has always been about you. That's right, you. Sure, I've done my share of using, but you're the one who pitches thinly veiled marketing at me. You're the one who treats me like just another end-user agreement. I mean, I'm not the one who dumped the entire contents of our inbox into the ether.

You've been acting strange lately, too. Don't think I haven't noticed. How many times do I have to ask you to send a message before you'll actually do it? And then there are the "Server Too Busy" errors. What are you too busy doing? Other users? Is that it? Am I not important enough anymore?

Well, I have needs, Hotmail. And since you're not interested in fulfilling them, I've found someone that is. Meet Gmail. Gmail has 1000MB of free space, a super interface, and a whole lot less baggage than you.

Oh, and one more thing: I've been cheating on you. That's right. I've been seeing Yahoo.com and UWYO.edu, too. And you know what? They're better than you.

Fuck off, Hotmail.

--------------------------

[Dearest Readership: It's true. Please change my email address from Hotmail to the new Gmail account - the first part, paulcprimrose, stays the same. The second part is simply @gmail.com. Send stuff to Hotmail at your own risk... I get the feeling we won't be seeing much of each other for a while.]

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

pcp -

i find it vaguely unsettling that when you want to link your dearest readership to a product, you sometimes use amazon.

stop that!!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home