Saturday, March 05, 2005

Got It.

Yours truly will be an RA through the summer. Out of a field of about 12 candidates, I got one of the five spots. Okay, not the longest odds in the world (and I've beat longer - someone ask me how many of my fellow temps got hired at Amazon way back when), but it's nice to have that security heading into summer.

Today will be filled with mediocre basketball - I thought Illinois was playing today, but I was wrong - and a six hour desk shift.

First, food. And coffee.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosellen said...

OK, I'll bite. How many other temps didn't get your job at Amazon?

Your readership applauds this latest coup!

Love,
Mom

8:55 AM  
Blogger P said...

I knew *someone* in the Dearest Readership would come through.

Out of 35 temps brought on in mid-October of 1997, two of us were offered fulltime work with Amazon. The last I heard, the other guy (called "The Amazing Larry" for some reason) was still there.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home