Sunday, March 20, 2005

Back in the Saddle

Well, folks, I'm back in Laramie after a four day bender in Steamboat. In sum, here is what I learned during this trip:

1. I may be a natural athlete in some sports. Snowboarding is not one of them.
2. If your snowboarding lesson starts at 12:30, a liquid lunch at high noon might hinder your ability to actually stay upright on the snowboard.
3. I am getting old.

Those first two are pretty straightforward. I enjoyed my time on the board, but I'm not sure it's my thing. And goddam, I'm a few tax brackets short of the ski/snowboard lifestyle. Hanging around Steamboat Springs made me acutely aware of how much money I'll never have.

That last one, about getting old, has been scurrying around in my subconscious for a few years now. Being an RA has made me more sensitive to it, but falling ass-over-teakettle on hard snow – repeatedly – brought it all home. I am one bruised and battered 32 year old. Hellooooo, Ibuprofen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I guess it's true. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, eh Paulie?

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home