Sunday, January 23, 2005

Stump the Paul

Okay.

I've decided to play an open mic this coming Thursday night, provided I live through my Foucault presentation on Wednesday night. So far my setlist is limited to the two standards that I've played every single time I've played an open mic, with the exception of one in Denver where there was mixed company and it would have been entirely inappropriate to play my original, for which this blog is named.

So, the playlist:

1. So You Want to Be a Rock 'n Roll Star - The Byrds
2. The Sun Keeps Rising - Me
3. [a suggestion from the Dearest Readership]

Lay it on me, people. I only have four days to learn it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Hotel California - The Eagles

9:00 AM  
Blogger david said...

i say let the multi-instrumentalist in you shine, and do some picking and grinning on the banjo.

if you're not too excited about that, then go with an r.e.m. cover. ya can't go wrong strumming chords and reciting stipe's cryptic lyrics. the ladies love r.e.m.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Rosellen said...

I vote for "Blackbird" by Lennon and McCartney.
I love the guitar's running harmony with the melody.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Leta said...

My favorite REM is "Night Swimming." My favorite Springsteen - also decent on guitar - is "I'm on Fire." Women love those songs.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home