Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Oh, it's ON!

Dearest Readership, I've been accused of a heinous crime: burying my boss's Chevy Blazer in snow. Now, to his credit, my boss is accusing only those of us that were involved in last night's 10:30pm snowball fight during which B, my boss, found himself returning from Wal*Mart at a very inopportune time. Which is to say we absolutely pelted him when he pulled into his parking spot.

So now he thinks that just because we threw snowballs at him, RAs' windows, and random passers by, that we were also the ones who strategically placed a very large quantity of snow around his car. We're talking many, many large molded bricks (it looks like they might have used large rubbermaid totes) stacked up against his doors, all over the hood and roof, and blocking him in the back too. It must have happened sometime around 1am or so, because whoever did it also created an anonymous email account and sent digital pictures to a mailing list containing everyone involved in residence life at the university (and the email was time-stamped at around 1am). All this adds up to yours truly getting a phone call this morning from another RA working the lobby desk:

J: Hey Paul, B wants you to come down and dig out his truck.

Paul: I don't know what you're talking about.

J: B says he knows you were involved and to get your ass down here right now.

Paul: Tell B that I'll dig out his car only because I'm such a nice guy.

J: Whatever.

So when I got to the desk, J's sitting there smirking and B has that look that's somewhere between pissed off and impressed.

B: Paul, did you do it?

Paul: I don't know what you're talking about.

B: Paul.

Paul: What? Jeez.

B: Paul!

Paul: I'll dig out your car only because I'm a very nice guy. And I might know a few other very nice guys who might want to help.

B: Paul!

Paul: I can neither confirm nor deny that I had anything to do with it.

Which, technically, is true. I suppose when I started cracking up, though, that pretty much sealed it. The thing is, I was laughing because it was funny, not because I had anything to do with it. Mostly it was fun to see B try to come up with answers before his meeting with other hall directors and his boss, all of whom are on the aforementioned mailing list. See, the perpetrators also spray painted "Downey Rules" and "Orr Sucks" on some of the snow stacks (Downey being one of the other halls, Orr being ours). So obviously it was those punks over in Downey.

We've assured B that we'll get revenge for him. For some reason he's still not convinced that Downey did it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home