Monday, September 13, 2004

"Because he puts an addictive chemical in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly, smartass!"

A relative of mine insists that Dubya's intelligence lies in his ability to surround himself with smart people. He may not be all that bright, they argue, but he's got to have some brains to hire the smart people around him. Just for right now, let's not debate whether or not anyone in the Bush administration really is all that smart. And also just for right now, let's ignore the implicit catch-22 in this theory. Concentrate on the notion of intentionally surrounding yourself with smart people, and you'll get through this post just fine.

The memo scandal earlier this week caught my attention, and I fired off an email to a few of my friends. I said something to the effect of, "if you're going to forge something, make sure you do it with technology from that era." Ha ha ha, look at the moronic Kerry supporters getting desperate. Too bad we're looking at another 4 years of Bush, etc.

But I hadn't even considered the notion that the papers might be an intentional obvious forgery until my really smart friends pointed it out. I rely on my really smart friends to fix my computer over the phone, ponder the Cubs' chances, and to ensure my worldview isn't completely fucked up. Also, to bash Dubya.

Not being too big on conspiracy theories (other than believing JFK was assasinated by defense industry interests), I had to give this one some thought:

Q: How easy would it be for a Bush backer to create really bad forgeries and pass them along to CBS?
A: Well, pretty easy.

Q: But who would do such a horrible, underhanded thing?
A: Karl Rove.

This is absolutely, positively the work of that man. Lunchbox has pulled off a doosy with this one.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul; It's all relative. Go Dubya! Dennis

6:10 PM  
Blogger Friend of Lance said...

Come on Paul, you can do better than that. I don't know you, but I keep telling myself that people are smarter than that. I'm so sick of hearing all of these "conspiracy theories". Give me something with some meat. You can make those comments (like the one about Karl Rove), all day, but at least give some reasoning. Liberals are just so much on their heals because their crazy, liberal media King has made such a huge mistake, they have to resort to making this shit up. This comment by you is like me saying that your boy, Ted Kennedy, is the one that provided the evidence that W acted on to go to Iraq in the first place. Think about it for a second......yeah, I know it's crazy and stupid, but exactly the same thing as you saying that Karl Rove is behind this document.
Give me some reasoning........then we can talk. And I don't want to hear anything like this shit I heard last week about how W shot a missile into the Pentagon and no plane was even seen. Ridiculous.................

8:30 PM  
Blogger P said...

Sorry, I ain't backing down on this. Rove is a conniving pile of shit, period. I'd be (hell, I AM)embarrassed to have a guy like that in the White House. Is it possible the forgeries didn't come from him? Yeah, of course. And note that I mention in the post that I don't like conspiracy theories in the first place; it sounds to me like you're less concerned with that than my political beliefs.

But hey! A small part of me - a very, very small part of me - would be alright with another 4 years of Dubya. Easy laughs.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home