Sunday, July 11, 2004

Look at me! Look at me!

Many years ago I started telling an anecdote to a group of friends when one of them said, "Oh God, this isn't yet another 'Look at Paul' story, is it?"

It was. Ever since then I've tried to be careful about saying or doing things which only serve to bring attention to myself, unless asked.

Then tonight I noticed that when it comes to music, I unabashedly show off. Usually this manifests as playing stuff loud in my truck or, as is the case right now, in my dorm room. On the way home from a rare dinner out tonight, I blasted the Beastie Boys' "Hey Ladies."

The funny thing is that I generally despise other people's taste in what they choose to share with the world. Nothing irritates exactly like Snoop Dogg or Limp Bizkit or Kenney Chesney blasting from someone's car at the stoplight. But the Beastie Boys? Entirely appropriate.

They say you can't fix stupid. I'd add you can't argue taste.

Especially mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Okay, so no Kenney Chesney. How about Toby Keith?

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home